Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I'm In The Pink "and Brown"

I finally got down to business with another UFO called "In the pink" that was from one of Buggy Barn's fabric lines. This one isn't as mature as some of my other UFO's but it's one that came up in conversation when my husband keeps me company in my sewing room. He really liked all the fabrics in the kit I purchased when we were out Quilt Shop hopping a couple years ago south of Rochester, NY. I finished the second group of blocks at quilt retreat last year but sometimes once you pack a project away it may take

awhile before resurfacing again. It really did feel good to get the top and

backing finished and ready to quilt but that may take a little longer to get to.

We are currently about to be in a deep freeze for a few days. The kind you want to crawl under a few quilts. Burrr. I'm already working on the next UFO in the pile. More pink and brown but you'll have to wait till my next post to get a peek.



Till next time............
From your stash let a beautiful quilt be born!











7 comments:

  1. Very pretty indeed :)
    So are there any really good quilt stores in the area of Buffalo , Senaca etc? I see this was from a shop hop. When are they normally? I'm moving up to the area this summer and need to find a new "home" shop and more important a guild.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a quilt from this fabric line and loved it too - yours is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies for the lovely compliment regarding my quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful quilt! I'm getting ready to do one in light blues and browns, so your quilt gave me a bit of motivation! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love pink & brown together~ your quilt is beautiful!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful quilt!
    Cheers,
    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is STILL a beautiful quilt!! And I love that your hubby sometimes keeps you company in your sewing room!
    Cheers,
    Dionne

    ReplyDelete