Friday, December 19, 2008

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Hi all............. It's been a quite a spell since my last post again. Where does the time go..... Our computer went down and was in the shop for strip down and TLC several days. Now the task at hand is to reload every program and update, update, update. On dial -up that can be a process in it's self. Someday fiber optic will come to my road. Until then 45.2 kbps turtle speed but at least I'm on line.

As promised the snow is falling here in western New York. It's like a snow globe and very pretty unless you have to go out and drive. I was going to do a little more shopping but I think I'll wait till the weather settles down. The weather channel is predicting we will have a white Christmas here. :-)

During our computer outage I've been busy sewing. The girls came over last week and we started a group project of a snowman wall hanging. I didn't get very far yet so I'll have to post a picture later. Our Bee group will be the snack Hostesses for the January Guild meeting and we decided on the theme of snowmen and the colors blue and white. It was fun thinking of "snow foods" to serve with hot chocolate and marshmallows.

The other projects I got done was making a couple of sewing machine covers for the Bernina's to keep mischievous Thomas from getting into trouble with threads. Bella is older and a very well behaved young lady unlike get into everything Thomas. It's been awhile since I've had a kitten around getting into my stuff like a toddler. When I get more time after the Holidays I'll measure and have to make one for my serger too.

I next moved onto make our guild Christmas party exchange gift. Every year the chair picks a fabric or a group of a couple prints and colors for us to use. This year they asked us to think out of the box so I figured I wouldn't make a runner or quilt. I purchased this pattern recently at my Bernina Shop. There were many different samples through out the store. The pattern is "Bow Tucks" . The pattern is well written in my humble opinion and went together quite easily plus contains pockets all around the inside. We get to vote on all the items and also have a President's choice. My bag won 1st place and a gift certificate from a local quilt shop..... how cool is that. I was speechless. I stared a couple more for gifts. One is going to be a diaper bag for our grandchild due this Spring. I think I'm going to have to make one for myself too.

Bountiful Harvest top is officially done also. I kept to my word on the top and used only stash I had on hand. I had several pieces and parts leftover so I think I will scrap the back too but that will have to wait till after the holidays. I really enjoyed the process of sewing the strings together without a foundation. I still have many more strings to use up and might try another pattern out of Strips and Strings . I've already made 2 from it.

The last thing I had to share was just so cute. Thomas has found many new spots to curl up in but when I found him on top of my knitting caddy it was a Kodak moment I had to share with you all. Leave it to a cat to find fun places to sleep on or in.

Well I have to get back to the many things that need to get done before Christmas.....baking more cookies........wrapping gifts.....and attending our Church's adult Christmas party tonight.
From my family to yours...........
It's our prayer you have a safe and peaceful CHRISTmas with family and friends.


From your stash let a beautiful quilt be born!

2 comments:

  1. Stunning Quilt and well done using your stash

    cheers
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's shocking news in the sports betting industry.

    It's been said that every bettor needs to see this,

    Watch this now or quit betting on sports...

    Sports Cash System - Advanced Sports Betting Software

    ReplyDelete