Monday, December 1, 2008

Back on track again

It's been quite awhile since my last post. I feel like I should be attending Blogger Anonymous for support help. I will try to do better and shot for once a week at least. Bella has been recuperating from surgery. Her first visit with our Vet showed she had problems with a few teeth and they had to be removed. Poor Bella ending up losing five of her teeth along with shaving her one leg like a poodle cut above her paw. She is doing so much better now that the bad stuff is gone. The Ten Lives adoption Club was so nice about taking care of her Vet bills so we didn't have to worry about it. Thomas is also glad Bella is doing better so she can play. They both have been a loving addition to our family.


I have been working hard to get back into my sew room again. It was so hard to block off time to just be able to sit awhile to work on a project for a few weeks. I decided to just reclaim my quilting time as therapy from stress. I pulled out another UFO to work on. It originated from the book Strips and Strings and was called Plaid Obsession but I'm calling mine "Bountiful Harvest" because it truly all was harvested from my stash at least so far. I'll update that when it's done. It's a fairly young UFO I started the beginning of the year. It always takes me awhile to figure out where I left off before I can get going on that project. The time lapse between must leave me brain dead or something. Here is a picture half way through sewing the blocks together. Since that picture I've sewn all the blocks together. All that's left is a couple borders then another UFO top is completed........ Another one bits the dust so to speak.............. yeah!!!














Over Thanksgiving weekend I received my squishy from the civil war strings swap some of us participated in on Quiltville Swap . It was full of many lovely prints and colors that I didn't have. I have been anxiously waiting their arrival like a little child waiting for Christmas morning. They will be a wonderful addition to my UFO Civil War quilt that needs more blocks. I'm shooting for a queen size quilt. I'm counting down the days for the New Year to get going on it and sew.....sew..... sew.......

I often wonder how many other quilters have the same bug I do. I have trouble focusing on just one project at a time and always have well.... lets just say a few ???? going at the same time. I'm always seeing more ideas that I want to start. Of coarse it's all with the theory of using up the stash that never seems to go down as fast as the projects appear. That's why I just went to a sale and bought major (((yards))) of flannel fabric for backings for at least 13 or more stash quilts waiting to be started. I don't always want to piece a back for a quilt.
It's madness to most folks and they just don't get it but then again I don't get some of their "hobbies" Quilting has always been very therapeutic to me ;0)

Till next time.........
From your stash let a beautiful quilt be born!

4 comments:

  1. Bella is adorable. I love your quilt top as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to here Bella is doing well. I love the strippy ninepatch quilt. I'm going to add that one to my list of quilts to make. How big are the strippy blocks and what did you use for foundation?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to have you back blogging, good news about Bella and that string quilt looks yummy.

    cheers
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back to blogland, Debbie. I really like your string quilt. I am pretty sure I have that book so will look at it again. (For the millionth time no doubt.) I have most of my days for sewing and still don't get all the ones I want to do done.

    Kitties look so nice on the quilt! Glad Bella is doing well. B.

    ReplyDelete