Friday, October 3, 2008

Yippee Skippeee

I'm finishing the binding on this quilt Linda, Pam and I made for the Celebration of Hope 2008 Auction event that's happening October 17 and 18 in Eden, New York. The Eden Quilt Guild sponsors this event every 3 years for Breast Cancer Research at Roswell Park in Buffalo, New York. Our little Guild of about 55 members has been raising funds this way since 2002 with the help of many other caring quilters making and donating quilts for this auction. You can view more quilts by clicking on the link in this sentence. We named it "When Irish Eyes are Smiling" and really hope it brings in a great bid.

It's been confirmed our family is expanding..... ;0) My son and daughter in law are expecting their first child. It will be due near my birthday beginning of May. I'm so excited......!!!! for them of coarse but it would be so cool if the baby is born on my birthday. They already have the baby's room painted so I went shopping before the official announcement (I was very sure they were expecting....sometimes a Mother just knows) and found this cute fabric for a baby quilt. I saw this adorable quilt that was posted on MaryQuilts blog made by a Deborah..... my name too.... so its calling out to me to make it as it seems like it's just to coincidental and meant to be. How cool is that. The print of the fabric would be perfect I think in that quilt design.

I had to go out shopping for a new dishwasher.... that's done and it's in so I'm good to go again. I also have been cleaning and cutting up lose end fabrics into squares and strips. My theory is to use up my stash mostly for charity but some how it keeps growing and my draws of pre-cut never want to go down.... they just multiply and the cycle continues so I have to look at it as a blessing like a glass half full all the time. I make many charity quilts each year mostly by myself but I have been thinking of becoming more active with the Heartstrings Quilt Project to encourage me to sew more. It's just figuring out the balance of chatting, sewing, and family time. I'm just a lurker reading all their postings and enjoying the pictures of the wonderful quilts that are made and donated. My donated my quilts mostly go to Cornerstone Manor, a shelter for women and children. I feel so blessed for what I have and feel strongly about giving back and my quilts are my way of sharing that blessing. So I'm always on the hunt for patterns, sales especially for backings to continue this personal project. Heartstrings and the Cozy Quilt Ministry for cancer also embrace this gift of giving to others. Two Thumbs up for or should I say two needles up......!!!
Ok I've been online long enough. Need to get back to the task at hand today. Till another time.
From your stash let a beautiful quilt be born!

1 comment:

  1. How cute! That fabric will be perfect in Deborah's Churn dash quilt. I just finished up another one of her tops - a very pretty blue and yellow HeartStrings quilt.

    Make sure and share a photo when you get this one pieced OK?

    ReplyDelete