Monday, September 29, 2008

Part 2 Journey from last week continued

I have been working on my "Cozy Quilts" tops that I didn't take the border fabric with to the retreat last week. It's a wonderful ministry praying for those with cancer and providing a warm quilt that could be used during treatments or time they need a warm hug. We also make a matching tote to carry the quilt and they receive the book "When God and Cancer Meet": True Stories of Hope and Healing . The pattern that's use is a very basic stack n' whack four patch block. They have many satellite spots of volunteers working on these quilts around Western and the Southern Tier of New York. I wish they had a web site or Blog so I could share a link from here because I feel they do a great work for others but they don't yet.

Here are a couple more quilt centers waiting for their borders and their matching totes. I layed the blocks out to get more of the graphic pinwheel effect in the design.



Well I'm going to sign off for now and get a few things done. I will try to post more later on.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful thing to do.
    Keep up the great work, loved reading your blog.

    hugs
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful thing to do! I love it!! Your retreat is such a blessing to so many people, and the idea of creating a matching tote is GREAT! Love the book as well. What an uplifting blog to read today. Thank you!
    Dionne

    ReplyDelete